Write For Us
We want MORE to be a collection of voices that represent a variety of views, and that includes yours. If you have a story you want to share with the world, let us know!
Send story pitches to us via email. Please include links to writing samples or a blog if you have one. Your pitch should include a summary of what you want to cover and an estimate of the length (MORE pieces are typically 500 to 1000 words long).
You can submit for consideration an original article (not previously published anywhere else, including your own site), with content based on your personal experiences and/or professional expertise, and we will review it for potential publication on our site.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for smart, sassy, articulate, insightful pieces that inform, encourage, motivate, and entertain. We’re all about accessible fashion, beauty trends and fun travel ideas—especially if it promotes body positivity, diversity, and inclusion. We strongly urge you to read several recent pieces on the site to get an idea of what we are looking for.
We get hundreds of submissions and only publish the very best. Here are a few tips for making sure yours rises to the top:
Why Write for URM?
By writing for URM you get to:
- Touch lives.
- Support positive change.
- Connect with a global audience.
- Share your unique voice and messages.
- Share your bio underneath your article about who you are and what you do, including a photo of you, a link to your website and links to your social media.
Before submitting articles, please read our guest writing guidelines below carefully. Articles submitted must meet all of the requirements in order to be considered.
[NOTE: If you are a PR agency or business/brand wishing to submit an article or looking for opportunities to partner with URM, instead please contact us here to discuss collaboration.]
How to Submit Your Article
Please email your article, exactly per the below guide, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send within the body of the email (not as attachments) in this order please…
- Title of your article
- Article text
- Your bio – 120 words or less
- Link for your website
- Links for your social media profiles
PHOTO: Plus please attach to your email your bio photo (high resolution, square, minimum size 250 x 250 px, jpg format)
SOME DO’S AND DON’TS
- Be original: Posts must be unique and original to mindbodygreen. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or be slated for distribution on other sites.
- Add to the conversation: We feature a wide range of topics and have a large library of great content. How can your piece add to what’s already there?
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. We prefer links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Put relevant links in brackets: [https://www.facebook.com/Urmwebsolutions/].
- Come up with a great title that grabs readers’ attention and makes them want to read your piece: Ask yourself what problem does my article solve? How will reading this make someone’s life better?
- Write a tight opening: Does the first sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader clearly and succinctly what the article will be about?
- Write in your own voice: How would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write.
- Send SEO-driven submissions: We can’t use posts from content farms or created to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name. We are unable to accept submissions or bio references that promote a business or service not in line with our philosophy.